Wednesday 17 October 2012

Interview: Lucy Irving.

What is your greatest achievement?
I'd say working as a professional illustrator. It has taken a while to make money from illustration but I'm  finally here now and loving it.

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Retro 60's graphic cartoons mashed-up with the occasional slice of visual trickery.

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Never stop drawing.

When are you happiest?
In my studio, just about to start a new project with pens, pencils and brushes at the ready. 

What is the worst job you have ever had?
I don't think any of the jobs I've had have been really bad, but some of the bosses I've had have been super evil!

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Maybe Kirsten Dunst or Ellen Page (although they are both much, much cooler than me)
What is you Karaoke song?
I'm more of a watcher than a doer, it's better that way. 

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
The fact that people are often not passionate about anything real anymore.

What is the greatest invention of all time?
The pencil or the skateboard. 

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I think I'd either be an archaeologist (I saw Jurassic Park when I was 10 and it looked like a cool job), a private detective or an astronaut.


All images couresty of www.lucyirving.com

No comments:

Post a Comment