Wednesday 5 December 2012

Interview: Mikey Burton.

What is your greatest achievement?
Going back to speak at my alma mater. My parents came and listened, and were so proud they both shed a tear (I hope that's why they were crying)

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Geometric shapes that look letterpressed with a responsible number of bears sprinkled throughout. 

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Play less soccer, draw more and buy vinyl (not cds)


When are you happiest?
I'm on the fence. It's either when I'm working, or when I'm eating a sandwich.

What is the worst job you have ever had?
Washing dishes. I didn't necessarily hate it, but it was my worst job. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Jack Black. If I was skinner, Mark Ruffalo.


What is your karaoke song?
Oddly enough, I've only done karaoke once in my life and I'm not the best. I wish I could pull off an epic rendition of "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" by the Walker Brother. 

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
Lack of phone etiquette.

What is the greatest invention of all time?
Coffee..... or penicillin.

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
My dad is a jeweller, and so was my grandpa. Not that my dad pressured me, but I kinda left the family business which always make me a little sad. It has always provided a great living, so i'd probably be doing that. I would also like to let my beard grow and hair grow long, and spend the rest of my days letter pressing in the woods. 


all images courtesy of www.mikeyburton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment