Thursday 19 September 2013

Interview with Chidem Michalski

What is your greatest achievement?
Keeping up with my Chi Chi Land Everyday Project. The project consists of creating a new original illustration each day with aprox. 1 hour to complete it. Once the time is up it has to go live no matter what. At the moment I am closing on doing it for a year (286 days and counting). I have posted a picture everyday, no matter how uninspired or even sick I would be that day.
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hasn't seen it?
I would say I have a naive, hand drawn, fun style. I create characters out of anything I can think of .I love to experiment with colours, patterns and subjects.
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Pay attention to details, deeply listen to life and follow your own gut.

When are you at your happiest?
Happiness is in the moment for me. There are so many of them but one of my favorite is walking in the hills of mediterranean wilderness, smelling fresh thyme in the warm air and looking down onto the vast turquoise sea.
What is the worst job you have had?
Working in a small cafe's kitchen back in college, everything on me smelled like grill, I hated that.
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Any of the characters from Adventure time or Noby Noby Boy would do.

What is your Karaoke song?
Jungle Drum -  Emiliana Torrini.
What 5 things can't you live without?
Yoga mat, sunshine, music, sketchbook and olive oil.
What is the greatest invention of all time?
Socks, my feet get cold easily so I need them desperately.
If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
Fashion or costume design for stage. Fabric is my second biggest passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment